Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Private Pilot written test

I passed my Private Pilot written test today!!!!!

This is a pretty big deal for our family! I should have taken this about 20 years ago. For many reasons, I did not. What a HUGE feeling of relief to get this behind me and press on! The plan now is to schedule my check ride a week from this Friday. Lela has been EXTREMELY gracious in allowing me to study as she and the boys pack the house and get things ready for our move! I am very thankful for her and for the boys!

Our schedule in this next month is very busy. I will be studying for the check ride, finding a trailer to tow our stuff, having two waves of friends stop in from Michigan (which we are very excited about!), celebrate with two other MMS'ers as our three families move on to our next phase of ministry (The Mozombites, and the Kamporst's.), a week long trip to Michigan to share with several churches and many friends about our future, then back to Coshocton to share with another church and pack up the Lazaros gang and head West, and then North. Our travel will take us to Missouri, Colorado, San Francisco, Washington, then up through Canada, and on to Alaska.

We are trying to raise additional funds needed for the journey as well as living expenses while up there.

We are getting very excited about what the Lord has in store for our family as well as those around us. How humbling to be a tiny part of advancing the Kingdom!!!!!

We could not have done all of this with out His provision of friends, co-workers, airplanes (Good ol' Mator!!!), family, and His Grace, and Mercy!!!!

Blessings my friends....I am standing in awe of a creator who is alive and well and active in our lives!

scott~

No comments: