Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A time for prayer....

Thank you everyone who has been praying for my dad. I was able to go to NC last week and be with him during his first surgery. The results came back before I had to leave and they were negative. The cancer has not spread yet. Praise the Lord!! He is now scheduled for his BIG surgery on March 3rd at 10:00 a.m. NC time. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He will be laid up for some time afterwards. He is not allowed to lift anything over 5 lbs for 6 weeks.
I flew there on Saturday, Feb 13th and returned to Anchorage on Saturday, Feb. 20th. I was suppose to sit at the Anchorage airport for 8+ hours waiting for my commuter flight into Kenai but my wonderful & romantic husband tracked my plane from Chicago into Anchorage and planned an arrival at the same time. He flew to Anchorage and picked me up!!!! How sweet!! He and a friend from M.A.R.C. (Mike, who owns the plane) flew in and "swooped" me away! I was home by 10:30 p.m. How cool is that??? They landed at Lake Hood. Our favorite place to sit and watch the planes take off and land...off and on the water. VERY COOL!! After a 22 day, that was such a blessing!!

Other news:
Shaughn got new glasses. He loves being able to see again. :-)
Scott and the boys did well with mom gone but where very glad to have her home again. :-)
Native Musicale is next week. We are in charge of this and need your prayer coverage.
Scott and I are in the middle of our online class, please keep us in your prayers as we continue to complete the course.
We are loving having our own place again. We are very blessed to be able to live in this home and bless the owner with fixing it up. It really fits our needs. What a blessing!!

Everyone is doing well and loves it here. Bless you all and again, thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Lela and boyz~

1 comment:

Rita said...

thanks for keeping us updated. we love the extra little stuff too!
praise God for the positive reports!