Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Common sights here in Alaska



A Bald Eagle in a nearby tree.

Good afternoon from Alaska!

We are stopping for lunch here in the Lazaros Homeschool Class and I thought I would do another post for you.

God is so amazing. He woke Scott and I both up last night (or this morning) at 3 a.m. Neither of us could go back to sleep so Scott got up and read 3 chapters in Hebrews and went before the thrown in prayer. Later, we both discussed what we felt the Lord was telling us and then spent some time in prayer together. Scott rolled over and went back to sleep...I did not. Apparently God wasn't finished with me yet. I prayed some more and felt God directing me to read something in my new DJ (Discipleship Journal) magazine that I had received just before leaving Ohio. I had totally forgotten that I had got it and that I had brought it. The Lord is so good like that.

I took Scott to work today since I needed the vehicle to run the older boys to church early tonight for worship practice. We also are going to go to the library today and return a few things. So, errands I will run and then pick Scott up by 5 from work.

The days are getting longer pretty fast lately. Cozene, MARC's Director's wife, told me at the Superbowl Party that on March 15th there will be 12/12...12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark. They will start gaining daylight at approx. 5 minutes per day from there out. Pretty amazing. The weather here is very dry. We are using lots of chap stick and hand lotions. :-)

The boys are all doing great and loving the new youth group they have been going to. They are having a difficult time with the whole "let's try other churches too" thing. Daddy wants to try at least 3 different churches while we are here, each for 3 weeks, and they are not too excited about it. They don't want to leave the one at the Chapel. They are willing to try others for 1 weeks, they say, but the don't want to miss anything at the Chapel. Pretty funny to listen to them and their dad try to share their view points. I am not sure who will "win" so to speak this debate. I think they are afraid of liking them all and having to choose. :-)

Well, off to do the errands. God bless you all. We love hearing from you so drop us a line if you want.

Lela and boyz~

No comments: